Ursula and I have now got 8 weeks and counting to finish all the building work and find a new place to live – both for ourselves and Ursula’s mother Stella, who has now decided to move to Spain to enjoy some decent weather.
This week we are putting in a new shower room with the help of our builder Miguel and plumber Antonio. They have seen us through several crises over the last four years and we know we can trust them to do good work!
Meanwhile our best friends here in Spain, Mark and Åsa, are painting the entire exterior whilst Ursula tends to the garden. This is a bigger task than it might sound – there’s over 4000 metres of it for a start – and our newly hired gardener has quit after only one week!
And our new electrician, Andy Parker, who has only recently joined the great European migration trail to the South, is sorting out the tangled web of circuitry left by his predecessor whilst looking after the varied demands of a wife and 2 teenage daughters and coping with his first does of Spanish flu.
As for me, I’m still figuring out how to do a significant upgrade of our website which involves a steep learning curve as an RSS feed or two, Amazon Associates coding, PayPal payment coding , an MPG of Ursula’s Recent satellite TV interview and a total design overhaul to be done. and I’ve only ever built 2 websites before, and that thanks to the user-friendly Web Studio software. It should be an interesting challenge for both it and me!
Well, just spent some time notifying Google and other search engines about the villa rental site, Antequera Villa Rental so here’s hoping all the hard work pays off.
It’s a six page site now, which I built with a free download of Web Studio 4. Being only the second time I’ve built a commercial site, it was quite a steep learning curve, but I managed to complete the design before the 30 day free trial expired! and I even wrote a page of the new site in Spanish! Hope there aren’t too many mistakes!
I did then go on to buy the software too, so it proves the wisdom of giving in order to receive… The original design was knocked up in 4 hours of brainache using Microsoft Publisher 2003 – yeah, I know, but fools rush in, you know. Unfortunately, MP wasn’t good enough to cope with my ignorance and the resulting site went up with a broken link, much to my annoyance, to say nothing of the frustrating visitor experience the site was offering. Hopefully the new layout and added functionality will improve the experience.
Alright! Just noticed I can stick photos in here, so once I’ve set up a Hello account and installed Picasa and uploaded some photos, that’s what I’ll do. Watch this space…